Digital Dental X-Rays in Alma, GA
Also serving Rockingham & the Bacon County area
From diagnosis to treatment, Drs. Zachary Powell and Ralph Proenza actively implement the latest, most advanced technology to provide their patients the best service for their dental health and aesthetic needs. During your consultation at our Alma office, Dr. Powell or Dr. Proenza will use digital dental X-rays to determine what dentistry services could benefit you.
To learn more about digital dental X-rays and other technology we use, please call Alma Family Dentistry at (912) 632-8654 today. Our office provides a wide range of diagnostic and treatment options to patients in Alma and the surrounding communities.
Role of Dental X-Rays
X-rays are a critical tool for identifying oral health issues early, as well as tracking the development of teeth and the structures supporting your entire mouth. Some X-rays are taken inside of the mouth while others are focused on the outside of your face.
Key things our dentists will look for when you get X-rays at our Alma office are:
- Tooth decay, especially in areas that are hard to spot with the naked eye
- The health of tooth roots and your jaw bone
- The presence of issues like gum disease, abscesses, and more
- Integrity of fillings and other restorations
- Misalignment of the bite
The frequency with which X-rays are necessary will vary. Patients who are at a low risk for dental health issues can go a year or more without X-rays, while high-risk patients might need to undergo a screening every six months.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Powell or Dr. Proenza, digital dental X-rays will likely be taken to determine the state of your oral health and discuss improvements you’d like to make. Instead of a large X-ray machine, our technology uses a small digital sensor to examine your mouth.
Why Digital Dental X-Rays
Drs. Powell and Proenza are committed to your safety and providing superior service. Digital X-rays benefit patients in a number of ways, including:
- 90% reduction in radiation exposure, which is better for your body
- Better resolution means better, more accurate diagnosis
- Results of the scan can be brought up almost instantly on a chairside computer
- Our dentists can zoom in, highlight, and adjust contrast of the image to illustrate your discussion
- If you need treatment from a specialist, our dentists can simply send a digital copy before your appointment
After you and Dr. Powell or Dr. Proenza have discussed the information from your X-rays and initial exam, you can begin talking about additional steps. No matter what treatment you decide to undergo, our dentists and our staff will continue to use the best technology and proven techniques for your care.
Please contact Alma Family Dentistry today to schedule your appointment. Drs. Powell and Proenza are longtime Alma dentists who welcome new and returning patients throughout the surrounding area.